WOW. . . .
I'm so honored! I've seen lots of others tagged on their blogs and now I'm "in the club!" I was tagged by Stamping Addiction. I have to list 7 things about myself, good or bad, and then tag 7 other bloggers to do the same. I think it's great because I've learned SO much about other bloggers I browse.
So here goes:
1. In third grade I was nicknamed "Michael Jackson." Yeah, it's true! I was working on a project at home and the lights went out in a terrible storm (I practically grew up in the basement b/c of all the tornadoes that went through St. Louis where I grew up). My mom set up candles around my project and when I leaned over one side, my hair caught fire. My mom quickly put out the fire, but the next day, my classmates teased me! (This was the same year that Michael Jackson caught his hair on fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial -- that's why I got the nickname.)
2. I worked in a machine shop and made screws. Yeah, that's true, too! One summer between college semesters, I worked for my uncle. I actually had to put the screw into the machine by hand and hold it until the machine grabbed it. It would start turning it and often my fingers were cut. All the while, oil was coming down on my hand and the screw. I quit when another girl caught her hair in a machine!
3. I (used to) speak Haitian Creole. I served 2 years as a missionary in Haiti, and became a translator/interpreter. I don't really speak it well anymore, but my husband does!
4. I met my husband in Haiti! He, too, was a missionary. We've been married almost 7 years now. He's a great artist (serving as a USMC combat artist right now).
5. My husband and I have three super sweet children: Hannah (4), Jack (2), and Kate (almost 9 mo). They are the joy of my life. I'm a 32 year old WAHM (Stampin' Up/writing & editing/transcription) so that I can be with them.
6. I fulfilled a life-long dream: I have a published book. Last summer, my first ever book came out:Let's Prepare for the grade 8 FCAT in Reading and Writing+, published by Barron's Educational Series. Ok, a shamless plug. Sorry! :)
7. Oh, and I burned my hair AGAIN in 8th grade! A girl lit my hair on fire with her (contraband) lighter on the playground. She didn't think hair would catch on fire. But remember back in the 80's when we had TONS of hairspray, even in the BACK of our hair??? Well, let's just say she was far enough away that only a small section was burned. Then I had to endure the rest of the day stinking like an ash tray! I didn't tell on her because she was one of the "cool people." (It would be hilarious if she was reading this right now -- I wonder if she even remembers it?)
I just can't find 7 people who haven't already been tagged. If you have a blog, you're reading this, AND you haven't been tagged yet, PLEASE comment and leave a link to your blog!!
I'm tagging the following (once you've been tagged, you post 7 things about yourself on your blog and tag 7 others by posting a comment "tag, you're it" on their blog):
1 - http://jayceer.blogspot.com
2 - Inspirations by Rachel
PS I'm working on some new blog candy! My cuttlebug just came in!!!!! So check back by tomorrow (maybe even late tonight). . . .