Thursday, March 22, 2007

Another name frame

I needed some artwork in my craft room, so I decided to play with the chipboard I ordered recently. I found the frame at the $ store (can't beat that!) and I used some of SU's decorative papers to create this name frame. It's a nice inexpensive addition to my special hideway!

Directions: Place chipboard pieces on decorative paper, trace around and cut out. Cover chipboard with ModPodge then place cut letters on top, carefully smoothing out all of the bubbles. When it was dry, I lightly sanded the edges of the letters with a sanding block and added ribbons & cording to letters. Then I added glitter (I used 2 way glue on the tiny blue flowers). And finally, I attached the covered/decorated letters to the background paper with dimensionals.

To attach the ribbon for hanging, I added pieces from my HodgePodge Hardware stash to the back of the frame and tied the satin ribbon (nonSU). After adding a bow to the center, I was finished.

I wasn't sure if I would use the chipboard or just the cut out paper letters. Now that the project is finished, I really like the look of the bulky letters sanded. It looks more "artsy" in my opinion. : )

No comments: