Sunday, March 25, 2007

Paper storage solution


I just visited my favorite store recently (IKEA) and found these great wooden paper holders. Previously, I had a paper shelf type system that was not very efficient. That has been retired to my husband's art studio for him to store magazines now. Plus, the old shelf was very heavy, and if it fell, it could have hurt my young children.

I like SU's paper storage holders, but wanted something a little more decorative than the see-through white plastic containers. Plus, this was a little cheaper, and definitely could be an inexpensive stamp camp idea. I've only covered two so far, and may use different paper styles on the other boxes, so stay tuned. Of course, I'll post a picture of all the boxes together, once they're all done.

DIRECTIONS: I used SU's new Au Chocolat designer paper (Spring Mini) and ModPodge. I also mixed in some Basic Brown reinker with ModPodge to stain the sides (as I didn't have enough paper to cover all 6 containers completely). To label the boxes, I used HodgePodge Hardware (pewter) and printed labels on Very Vanilla (adhering it all with mini glue dots).

No comments: