Monday, March 26, 2007

What I do when I'm not stamping. . . .

For those of you who were wondering (LOL) . . . when I'm not playing with my three children (or cleaning up after them!!), when I'm not stamping, browsing stamping blogs, or placing SU orders, I am a freelance editor/writer. I've worked on a few projects with Barron's Educational Series. Last fall, my FIRST ever book came out! Truly, the neatest thing about this book is that my husband drew ALL of the artwork throughout the book. Who knows? Maybe we'll write a children's book together someday!

The Grade 8 FCAT Reading and Writing + is a test preparation guide for 8th grade students studying for the reading and writing portions of the FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test). I have ambitions to write other books, especially about my adventures as a stay-at-home mommy, but right now life is a bit too busy to work on it.

In addition to parents wanting to give their children extra help for the FCAT or any state test in reading and writing, this book would be helpful for moms who homeschool their children. It's a very simple guide in writing a basic essay, and it gives some practice in reading comprehension.

Most recently, I finished editing/writing the 14th ed. of Barron's GED preparation guide. This new edition should be coming out sometime later this year. (I also worked on the 13th ed. of this book several years ago.)

No comments: