Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Graduation

Myhusband's second cousin is graduating next week, so I created two cards.This is the "congrats" card. I used a piece from his actual announcement for the main image. It is a vellum piece which reads "class of 07." I used my 2way glue pen to outline those words and then added Dazzling Diamonds (yes, I'm still the glitter queen!). . . . I embossed "Congratulations" in silver detail EP and cut the front flap shorter for it to show through. I mounted the vellum piece onto Real Red with Vintage brads and adhered it to the Basic Black card. Inside, I used the silver side of my Zig Painty to write a message.

I created this Real Red Petal Card to hold his gift card.
Outside, I used the "faux metal" technique from SU regionals to create the "Good Luck" tag. For the last step, I "dry stamped" my stamp in Dazzling Diamonds, then into the warm silver to create that look. I then used my tab punch to create the edges of the tag, and punched holes with the 1/16" punch and ran silver cording through it, tied in back.

Inside, I ran Ballet Blue craft ink all over a piece of Basic Black. Then I added Hologram Highlights EP and embossed it. I will adhere his actual gift card to that piece.

No comments: