Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bridal Shower presents for someone special . . . .

I've had these pics ready to be uploaded for some time now, but wanted to wait until today (the day of the shower). These are for my dear, dear friend in Florida who is getting married later this year. She's more of a blue and silver kind of girl (like myself). This is the box that holds her thank you notes & matching pen.













Here's a quick tutorial on how to make this box:

1. Take an ordinary cigar box & cover all the edges & inside with silver paint.

2. Using ModPodge, glue on decorative paper cut to fit around the sides & top (I used a solid color on top & bottom, and striped around the edges).

3.
ModPodge the entire thing and set to dry. (I added more silver paint and ModPodged it all again.)

4. Add embellishments (ribbon, primas, etc.) and you're finished!




This is a matching recipe tin that I sent along with the thank you notes/box. Inside, another friend and I added our favorite recipes.



No comments: