Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Altered Lunch Tins

Last night, I had my first class since I moved here to Virginia! Three ladies came to make altered lunch tins. We had a great time visiting, and I was impressed with how quickly they finished their projects! The two tins above were my samples. The one on the left was made just before Christmas to keep all of our family holiday recipes so that I can find them in one place. The other I made for the last night's class.

Trina couldn't decide what word to put on her tin, so she went with her initial. Very elegant! (She also has a few ribbons on the handles and cards inside to match.)


Monica is a fellow Stampin' Up! demo I met at a crop last month. She used my absolute favorite papers!


Chris used her initials to decorate her tin, too. In addition to representing Close to My Heart, she's a great crafter and resource! She started a monthly crop here in Fredericksburg where I've met all sorts of fun crafters! (I love all the different ribbons on her handle.)

Supplies: Provo Craft tin; ModPodge; sticky strip; decorative papers; alphabet stamps; tag punch (to cut notch) & other punches; ribbon; various ink colors; various embellishments.

We also made dividers and four matching cards. I wish I had taken pictures of the ladies' cards! They did such a great job . . . Each one was given 2 sheets of decorative papers (most were double sided) and access to all of my scraps (ribbon, deco papers, cardstock) to finish out the design of their tin and cards.

Oh, I must give credit to the SCS tutorial on altered lunch tins by Emily Giovanni!

No comments: