Thursday, April 5, 2007

Baby Announcement


This is my youngest daughter's baby announcement. I was saving it into the computer to send to someone requesting baby announcement ideas when I thought I might as well post it here. I made it last summer.

SUPPLIES: Paisley background stamp; So Saffron, vellum, Whisper White & Regal Rose card stock; Cameo Coral ink (stamped on So Saffron) and Regal Rose ink (to dye the organdy); white narrow organdy & pink gingham ribbons; double hole punch; 1/8" punch; & square punch (1 3/8, I think!).

My husband is a very talented artist (OK, so I'm biased, but check out his work for yourself: www.krisbattles.com). Anyway, he sketched our daughter while she was sleeping, I scanned it and printed it in black & white along with the words directly onto the Whisper White cardstock. Lining them up so that her face would show through the square hole was tricky, but once I got it, it worked beautifully.

Now, imagine making about 65 of these!!! Good thing (I think) I was on bedrest for the last two months and I knew it was a girl! I had everything made ahead of time except her name on the vellum (took until the day she was born to decide) and the printed white parts (because we needed her to be here for that!). hee. . . hee. . .

I have beautiful sketches of our other two children that I used on their announcements, too. If I can unpack their albums, I'll scan those and post them here too. But they're not quite as elaborate.

No comments: