Tuesday, May 1, 2007

More wedding samples

I have been playing around with the Happy Everything stamp set this morning because my Stamps in the Mail group will be making cards/projects with it next month. I like to use it in different ways to see how I like it best -- as the only stamped image, or in combo with another stamped image. I also played with the 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter (needless to say, I AM a big "blob" of glitter right now!). . . .

To create the look of the flower, I inked my Paisely BG stamp, set the Big Blossom stamp on top to pick up the design, then stamped the flower on the paper. I then "huffed" on the flower and stamped again to create the lighter flower. Then I covered it with 2way glue and glitter.

DETAILS: I used Regal Rose ink on Shimmery White cardstock, added choc chip & certainly celery cardstock for the base, then tied a celery narrow organdy ribbon on. I also punched out a 3/4" circle out of So Saffron that had been stamped with the Paisley in Regal Rose and adhered it to the underneath of a clear button, then some more glue on top and of course more glitter!

This card uses Naturals White, Choc Chip, Certainly Celery cardstocks, Basic Brown ink, crystal effects & Dazzling Diamonds; Happy Everything stamp set; & ribbon from Michaels!

I also wrapped the bride-to-be's wedding gift to match her card. (Truth be told, I designed the gift wrap/package first, THEN I made the card to match!) Anyway, I used SU's gift wrap, flirt ribbon, regal rose ink, Big Blossom & Paisley stamp set, whisper white & Regal Rose cardstock, 2 way glue & Dazzling Diamonds. To create the look of the flower, I inked my Paisely BG stamp, set the Big Blossom stamp on top to pick up the design, then stamped the flower on the paper. I then "huffed" on the flower and stamped again to create the lighter flower. I drew around the edges with my 2way glue pen and added glitter.This is the top of the present where you can see the detail better. I stamped the sq envelope with Happy Wedding Day from All Year Cheer III (which is retiring from the SU Idea Book & Catalog). I created the flower following the same steps, but I mounted a flower on Regal Rose cardstock and cut it all out. I added a 3/4 " circle of Regal Rose on top (bent the edges of the flowers down, as I sort of "cased" from another blogger, and finally added 2 lg ovals out of Certainly Celery that I folded in half for dimension.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kel, I absoluety LOVE the first card! That is my favorite ever!! Those are like my all time favorite 3 colors. did I just use "like"? sorry, having an "80's" moment. Amy H.

Allison Rankin said...

These looks great...nice job!

Michele Kovack said...

Sooo pretty! The bride will love it!

Unknown said...

Very nice, love the paisley!