Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cards for the Troops

Some of you already know this, but for those of you who don't . . . My husband is a USMC combat artist. He recently served 3 months in Iraq. To see what he did (or to find out what a combat artist is/does), you can go here: http://www.kjbattles.blogspot.com.

While he was there, I sent cards to him to pass out to other soldiers & marines. They were much appreciated! Well, another SUPER supportive person of the troops has her own collection going for the troops. Please head over to her blog and check out exactly what she's doing: http://dddzstmpn.blogspot.com/2007/04/no-hallmark-stores-in-iraq-or.html

You could really show your support to the troops with something so simple, and for many of you reading this blog, something so easy to do! I know for me personally, I'd MUCH rather create a card then hold a machine gun.

OORAH & as my husband likes to say, "Semper Paint!" : )

1 comment:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Thank you so much for your participation in this & blessings to your hubby for his service.