Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bridal Shower items

I've been working on the following items for the upcoming bridal shower I'm having at my home.This is a recipe tin. Each guest will bring a recipe for the bride-to-be and put it in this tin. She'll have a great variety of recipes to start her marriage!
SUPPLIES: Provo Craft tin; Petals & Paisley deco paper; ModPodge; Whimsical Alphabet (uppers); Flirt ribbon; sticky strip; Always Artichoke ink.

This is a post-it note holder to be used as a prize for one of the games we're playing.
SUPPLIES: So Very stamp set; Petals & Paisley deco paper; Rose Red ink; pink grosgrain ribbon; sticky strip; Soffron & Whisper White cardstock; post-it notes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

How did you do/what did you use for the "stand" for the post-it note holder? I've used a clear, inexpensive plastic picture holder but when it is turned on it's side it continues to fall over. I like how yours looks.

Please advise. Thanks.

I love your blog!
Laurie

Kelly A. Battles said...

Yes, I used to use the plastic ones, too w/ the same problem. This one is actually from the $ store -- it has a metal base and glass. It's very sturdy & looks nicer than the plastic ones (that are usually more than a $1). There was a chip in the glass, that's why I put the ribbon around the top and bottom!