Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Graduation Card

This is a graduation card I created for my husband's dear friend's son. When we received the graduation announcement two days ago we could hardly believe it. My husband kept saying, "no, no!" (Not that the young man is graduating, but that he is old enough to graduate!) hee. . . hee. . . I guess that means we are getting older.
Details: All Year Cheer III (inside)stamp set; The Art of Life stamp set; Naturals Ivory & Chocolate Chip cardstock; Recollections Deco paper; Twill tape; Hodgepodge; tab & oval punch; craft ink (think I actually used ballet blue); vanilla embossing powder & heat gun; sticky strip. (I know there's flecks of embossing powder around the sentiment. . . I actually liked it and left it to be embossed. In person, the card looks much "cooler.")

This is a pocket card. I trimmed the front panel a bit shorter so the striped pocket would show. Inside, I just adhered a piece of deco paper with an oval punched out, using sticky strip around 3 edges. I stamped the sentiment directly on the gift card holder from Borders with Stazon & added a tab that says "for you."

FYI: In order to line up the greeting to come through the oval perfectly . . . before I adhered the pocket, I turned the piece over and placed the gift card under. I used the oval as my guide, I stamped the sentiment. Since it was on the back, any mistakes I made don't show in the final product!

No comments: